The UP Kanya Sumangala Yojana was an innovative monetary scheme that was launched by the UP government for the welfare of girls. This government scheme was implemented to secure the education and future of girls, starting from their birth to their adulthood. Under this scheme, the government used to provide a sum of Rs 15000 in installments at various stages of a girl’s life. The UP Kanya Sumangala Yojana plays a crucial role in ensuring that the future of girls is secured, and for that, they are provided with the opportunity to pursue higher education. This amazing scheme helps financially struggling families to enable their daughters to pursue their dreams.
He made the announcement about the increase in funds for this scheme during the program of interaction with the beneficiaries of the “Mukhyamantri Kanya Sumangala” program held on Wednesday at Lok Bhavan. According to CM Yogi, starting with the fiscal year 2024–2025, the double-engine government will enhance the amount of the Kanya Sumangala Scheme from Rs 15 thousand to Rs 25 thousand. The daughters of the state will find it simpler to realize their aspirations as a result. She will not only be educated but also capable of becoming independent.
CM Yogi stated during the event that a bundle of Rs 15,000 was previously distributed in six parts under this initiative. As soon as the daughter is born starting in the following year, Rs 5,000 would be deposited to her guardian’s account. The same goes for when the daughter turns one year old: two thousand rupees, three thousand rupees when she enrolls in first grade, three thousand rupees when she enrolls in sixth grade, five thousand rupees when she enrolls in ninth grade, and ten thousand rupees if the daughter enrolls in any graduate, diploma, or certificate courses. If she agrees, we will deposit a sum of rupees 7,000 into her account.
Benefits of UP Kanya Sumangala Yojana
- Families that have girl children will benefit from this scheme.
- It helps in the elimination of female foeticide.
- This scheme helped in establishing equality.
- An attitude of positive thinking has also been developed.
- This scheme not only provides financial assistance but also emphasizes girls’ education.
- It helps low-income group families by allowing their girl child to study.
- Financial assistance of Rs 15000 is given to the parents of girl children.
- On the birth of a girl child, Rs 2000 is provided to the family.
- After 1st year of birth, Rs 1000 is provided.
- When the girl comes in 1st standard, Rs 2000 is provided.
- When the girl comes in 6th grade, Rs 2000 is provided.
- When the girl comes in 9th grade, Rs 3000 is provided.
- When the girl completes her 10th or 12th grade and gets admission to a bachelor’s degree, Rs 5,000 is provided to the family.
Purpose of UP Kanya Sumangala Yojana
The main objective of the UP Kanya Sumangala Yojana was to uplift the girl children, and for the success of this scheme, the government offers monetary assistance to parents who have two girl children in one family. Apart from this, the other key features of the UP Kanya Sumangala Yojana were to emphasize girls finishing their education successfully, eliminate female foeticide, develop positive thinking, and support low-income family groups in educating their girl children.
How to apply for UP Kanya Sumangala Yojana
To apply for the UP Kanya Sumangala Yojana, visit the official website of the UP government and go to the citizen’s service portal. Now read the terms and conditions carefully, agree to sign up, and fill out the form accordingly. Do upload all the necessary documents, like your bank details, Aadhar card, ration card, etc., and click on submit. To apply for this scheme, you need to be a permanent resident of UP, and your family income must not exceed Rs 3 lakh. This scheme could be availed of only for two daughters, and you could apply for the account opening within six months of the birth of a girl child. If you have twin girls and the third baby is also a girl, then she will also be eligible to be part of this scheme.
- It is mandatory for the applicant to be a permanent resident of Uttar Pradesh.
- The annual income of the applicant’s family should be Rs 3 lakh or less.
- If a family has adopted orphan girls, then maximum two adopted girls can avail the benefit of this scheme and along with this, two more girls of that family can avail the benefit of this scheme. In this way, 4 girls in that family will be able to take advantage of this scheme.
- Only maximum two girls from a family can avail the benefit of this scheme.
- If there are more than two children in the family then the benefit of Kanya Sumangala Yojana will not be provided to that family.
- If a woman has twin daughters, then those twin daughters will also get different benefits of this scheme. In this situation, three daughters of a family can avail the benefit, two twin daughters and one more daughter.
- Ration card
- income certificate
- bank account
- mobile number
- passport size photo
- If daughter is adopted then adoption certificate
- Voter ID Card
- Address proof
How to Apply
- First of all the applicant has to go to the official website of Kanya Sumangala Yojana.
- After visiting the official website, the home page will open in front of you, after this you will see the option of Citizen Service Portal on the home page.
- You have to click on this option. After clicking on the option, the next page will open in front of you, on this page you will have to register.
- Before registration, you will see the rules below which you will have to click on I agree. Then a new page will open.
- On this page, you will have to fill all the information asked in the registration form like name, address, mobile number, parent’s Aadhaar number etc. and after that you will have to verify it by entering OTP.
- After entering the correct OTP, your registration will be done. As soon as you are registered, you will get a user ID. With this, you will have to login to MKSY Portal.
- To login, you will have to enter the user ID and password, this will allow you to login.
- After registration, you will get the girl registration form. In this registration form, you will have to fill all the information asked related to your daughter and upload all the documents and then finally click on the submit button.
- In this way you can fill the application form for your daughter under this scheme.
The UP Kanya Sumangala Yojana was an innovative monetary scheme that was launched by the UP government for the welfare of girls. This government scheme was implemented to secure the education and future of girls, starting from their birth to their adulthood. Under this scheme, the government used to provide a sum of Rs 15000 in installments at various stages of a girl’s life.